- 750g Okra
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tomatoes quartered
- 1 tbs garam masala
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom seeds
- Remove the stems and cut the okra into 2.5cm lengths
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add the onion and cook for 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Add the okra, chilli powder, tumeric, tomato, and salt to taste, and cook, covered, stirring frequently, for 30-35 minutes, or until okra is tender.
- Add a little water, if required. Add garam masala and ground cardamom, and cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes.
Enjoy it with quinoa or your favourite Indian bread.